Thank you, Peter and Philippe. I have alerted the bank about this.

But it never rains but it pours, according to an old saying.  And this strange
new problem has arisen: Both of our iPhones and our Landline phone are not
functioning. They ring on an incoming call, but when we answer, our voices
don’t register and a recorded voice says, “connection failed”. And if we try to
ring out, we are told that our phone is not connected.

This made me think that perhaps the NBN caused us to be cut off, but according
to the NBN map on the iiNet website our address is not undergoing any changes,
and we can’t expect the NBN for a couple of years.

I haven’t wanted to use the ‘Cloud’ for phone calls, so I wondered if Apple was
applying some subversive influence, but surely Apple is above that and they
wouldn’t do anything to our Landline.

We are open to any suggestions of why this is happening.

Hopefully,
Pat