From: wamug@wamug.org.au
To:"WAMUG"
Sent:Wed, 5 Jun 2019 09:37:11 +0800
Subject:Re: MacBook Pro with Wifi signal but no Internet

 Hi Peter

 Yes, the devil is in the detail,…lol. Glad you got it all working.
I’ve had a similar job to that one as well. (The culprit was s
similar thing by Intego). Same error message and similar fix for it.
 It’s due to the part of that software not being fully optimised for
the System. (So the two don’t play well together.)

 Glad you saw the full error message in the end. And all is working.
 Kind regards
 Daniel

  Sent from my iPhone XS 

 ---
 Daniel Kerr
 MacWizardry

 Phone: 0414 795 960
 Email:
 Web:

 **For everything Apple**

 NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal
opinion and as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the
views of MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or
warrant any form of warranty or accept liability. It would be
appreciated that if any information in this email is to be
disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.

 > On 4 Jun 2019, at 9:05 pm, Peter Crisp  wrote:
 >
 > Thanks Daniel and Ronni for further tips. Well, short story I have
fixed this issue from the most unexpected thing. There was a kernel
file relating to NetNanny which was a third party security program not
been used for many many years. I had in my fury omitted to look
clearly at the message Safari was giving me each time it failed. All l
saw was “Not f..... working”! But tonight after a bit of calming I
took a closer look. The message provided by Safari indicated this
error code. “NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1”. When I googled this I got the
third party security program issue and so I went hunting for stuff -
it provided some locations to go looking. I found one solitary file
“NetNanny Kernel Ext”. I trashed it and after a restart, bingo!
Amazing. I would never have though that something that has been
lurking there for years and not a problem since then and coinciding
with an OSX update this all of a sudden became a problem.

 > Lesson for me is to look at the error code next time!
 >
 > I hope this can help others in some small way.
 >
 > Regards
 >

 > Pete
 >
 > On 4 Jun 2019, at 7:46 pm, Ronda Brown  wrote:
 >
 >> Hi Peter,
 >>
 >> Have you run Wireless Diagnostics on Jo’s MBP?
 >>
 >> Your Mac can use Wireless Diagnostics to perform additional
analysis.
 >> • Quit any apps that are open, and connect to your Wi-Fi
network, if possible.
 >> • Hold down the Option key and choose Open Wireless Diagnostics
from the Wi-Fi status menu .
 >> • Enter your administrator name and password when prompted.
 >> Wireless Diagnostics begins analyzing your wireless environment:
 >>
 >> Kind Regards,
 >>
 >> Ronni
 >>
 >>> On 4 Jun 2019, at 8:13 am, petercr...@westnet.com.au wrote:
 >>>
 >>> Hi Ronni, thanks for that one. I had omitted to mention in my
list of things that I had tried that I saw an online tip to try this
one. So I did already try it and sadly it didn't resolve the issue. It
does seem after some of these tests that it pauses momentarily (I am
using Safari and select Google web page to put to the test) before
getting the "no internet connection:" message.

 >>> Will have a calm look at it again tonight, sometimes I feel that
in trying some of these items, it is the order in which they are tried
seems to make a difference, although i am unclear on which order is
the right order, the order from my side seems to be random.

 >>> Regards
 >>>
 >>> Pete.

a new Location, name it “Automatic” (any name will do)...
 >>> The new location will setup new a new default WiFi (and Ethernet
and FireWire) and hopefully will connect to the Internet immediately.

 >>> Kind Regards,
 >>> Ronni
 >>>
 >>>  Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB

before many many times and I have been able to resolve albeit with
many different methods.

surprisingly coincident with the OSX update to 10.14.5.

speakers. I did the usual settings review and then did a reboot. This
resolved the sound issue. I can’t recall if this coincided with the
update of the OSX too but the sound is fixed. But we have no Internet
service now. Things I have done here:

MBP to do anything about it.

 >> Archives -
 >> Guidelines -