Hi Ronni, Hi Brian,

I checked out that link but the Huawei search page did not seem to actually be
showing any downloadable El Capitan drivers.

Clicking the “Support” tab did show one downloadable zip file but it seems to
be for Sierra rather than El Capitan:

The driver tool of Device(for Mac10.12)

TOOL-ConnLaucher_11.001.06.00.00.zip

I guess that you COULD try that – but the fact that it all works OK on the Mac
Mini, also running El Capitan, would make me suspect something else – unless
the Mac Mini has had updates that the MacBook Air has not.

However the specs on the Huawei device confirm that it provides a wireless
hotspot for up to ten devices – so assuming the wireless range/performance is
OK that would seem to offer a reasonable solution with some advantages.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Neil

--