Hello Alan,

Apple TV 4K - Making Slideshows

While viewing an album or stream in the Photos app, select Play Slideshow in
the upper-right corner to start a slideshow. You’ll be taken to the Slideshow
screen. If you select Start Slideshow, the slideshow begins right away, but you
can also set whether to shuffle photos (display them in random order) and
repeat photos, and pick themes and transitions.

Once a slideshow has begun, press Menu to end it.

You can also create video slideshows in Photos on the Mac that can be exported
into iTunes for playback on the Apple TV:
1. In Photos, select the pictures, albums, or events you want to turn into a
slideshow.
2. Choose File > Create > Slideshow.
3. Give your slideshow a name and click OK.
4. Photos shows the new slideshow in the Projects pane (or selects it in the
Projects sidebar category, if the sidebar is showing).
5. As desired, set up a theme, pick some music, and set up a duration.
6. Click Export in the upper-right corner, or choose File > Export > Export
Slideshow.
7. In the Save dialog, type a name for the exported slideshow and choose an
export folder from the Where pop-up menu (the default Movies folder is fine).
8. From the Format pop-up menu, choose High Definition (1080p).
9. Select “Automatically send to iTunes.”
10. Click Save.

The export process may take several minutes—or longer—depending on how many
files you’ve selected for the slideshow.

After the export finishes, the slideshow appears in your Home Videos collection
in iTunes. If you’ve turned on Home Sharing, you can access it on the Apple TV
in the Computers app. Look under Home Videos.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6