Hi Philippe

If the file is definitely under 10GB, and the USB drive is 32GB, then yes, it
should copy fine.
But it sounds like, even though the USB drive is 32GB, it’s got files on it
already. (If you’ve put files in the Trash but not empty it, the files will
still stay on the Thumb Drive.
So I’d either a) empty the Trash or b) reformat the Thumb Drive.

Before you do it, you could check the space on the USB drive, just to make
sure. If you “Get Info” (Command-I) on the USB drive, it will tell you how much
space is left on the drive. (It will show Capacity, Used, and Available). This
will then show if it’s definitely got all the space free and available to copy
the file. If it hasn’t then, you can do the above to clear the space.

The other thing to check I just remembered as well. If it’s formatted as FAT-32
I think that has a “file size” limit,…but I could be recalling wrong. (Quick
google search shows that yes, FAT32 has a 4GB file limit)
https://superuser.com/questions/440509/getting-around-the-fat32-4gb-file-size-limit
If it is FAT-32, you can reformat the USB drive as exFAT which should then
working over the 4GB limit. Or,..if its going to a Mac User, then just format
it as HFS+ Extended.
That should then allow you to just copy the file onto it in one go.

Hope that helps
Kind regards
Daniel
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.