Hello dear WAMUG’ers, Daniel & Stephen,

Update and closure

Many thanks for the advice to format the USB key to ‘exFAT’ as advised by
Daniel. I did this last night and this morning transferred the 9.98 GB mp4 file
plus some photos successfully on the USB Key. So all is now fine.

Many thanks for the help and for this great forum which has helped me
throughout many years!

Happy Easter to everyone, please stay safe, stay at home and enjoy the day
peacefully.

Best regards,

Philippe C.

On 11 Apr 2020, at 2:24 am, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Hi Phillipe.
I was just about to say reformat USB Thumb Drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
Then you mentioned Windows.

> On 11 Apr 2020, at 12:03 am, Philippe Chaperon <laut...@bigpond.com
> <mailto:laut...@bigpond.com>> wrote:
>
> Dear WAMUG’ers,
>
> Can someone please give me some idea of how I can copy a 9.98 GB .mp4 video
> on to a 32 GB USB key. When dragging and dropping my iMac says the file is
> too large to copy across.
>
> I have no experience with videos but thinking logically I thought that
> splitting the .mp4 file into 3 or 4 segments, hence smaller files, would that
> work and what application to use?
>
> Is there a simpler method which would allow the copying from my main hard
> disk to the USB key, and which application would do it?
>
> Many thanks hoping that you are all safe and surviving the current world
> crisis.
>
> Please stay safe and well.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Philippe Chaperon