Hi John

As far as I’m aware Catalina does still work with Firewire. The only thing they
“disabled” is that you can’t boot from a Firewire device anymore.
But you can still access Firewire drives if you have a Firewire (or similar)
port.
One thing I would try first is to unplug all the cables and connectors from the
Firewire drive and the iMac. Leave everything unplug for a few minutes. Then
restart the computer.
After restart, plug the cables back in and then see if the drive mounts again.

You could also check in Disk Utility to see if it sees the drive at all. If
it’s greyed out, it may just need clicked on to “Mount”.
If no success with that, you could try an SMC reset on the Mac mini. Then see
if the drives show up again.

Also, did you have any other computers you can check it on as well and see if
it loads at all? That will show if it’s the computer or the drive is the issue.

Hope something there helps.
Kind regards
Daniel

 Sent from my iPhone XS 

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.