Hi Peter,

Not directly relevant, but I found this article on the CCC website, regarding
Catalina Issues, interesting
https://bombich.com/kb/ccc5/macos-catalina-known-issues

Remember when "it just works" was uttered with a (relatively) straight face -
though never completely accurate  ;o)

Cheers

Neil

On 15/06/20, 08:53, "Peter Hinchliffe"
<wamug.org.au-wamug-boun...@lists.wamug.org.au on behalf of
hinch...@multiline.com.au> wrote:

    > On 14 Jun 2020, at 9:41 am, John Thompson <jetj...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >
    > Maybe Peter H. or Daniel Kerr could assist in this one.
    >
    > For quite a number of years I have been using a Voyager Q External drive,
purchased from Daniel, for my Backup and Time Machine, connected to my Mac Mini
(Late 2014) via Thunderbolt to firewire cable.  This has worked fine until my
upgrade to Catalina which no longer supports Firewire and now requires USB 3
connectivity.

    I still haven’t done the deed regarding Catalina, John. Now that Filemaker
19 is here I’m thinking more about it, but it’s issues like this that keep me
nervous. We’re only a week away from WWDC so I guess I’m now waiting to see
what they come up with for the next iteration.

    Kind regards,

    FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
    Perth, Western Australia
    Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948