> On 23 Dec 2020, at 1:25 am, Philippe Chaperon <laut...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rosemary and Peter,
>
> I have updated my 21” iMac 3 days ago, after having done a full bootable copy
> of the HD, and so far so good. I must admit that I have only used a few
> applications so far, mainly Excel, Mail, GraphicConverter, Safari, FireFox,
> Reunion and Heredis and no problems noted.
>
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all WAMUG members
>
> Keep safe and enjoy the festivities.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Philippe C.

Great news Philippe. I must say I do feel better about Big Sur overall than I
ever felt about Catalina, which I think was somewhat of a testing ground in
preparation for Big Sur, and a “proof of concept” for going all 64-bit. Even
Kinemac, an animation application I obtained back in 2013 as part of a software
bundle, and has not received an update in all the time since then, has now gone
64-bit with the release of version 2.0! I think all the software thats’s
important to me is now 64-bit, which certainly was not the case at the
beginning of the year! I’ll be moving forward with confidence I think.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948