Hi folks, during last week following my plunge into getting my MS Office 365
subscription in order - which was an inhibitor for moving to Big Sur (as my MS
Office 2011 was not compatible with Big Sur) - I then have done the Big Sur
update. I am pretty happy with it and no gotchas for me yet with anything.

However, during all these significant updates I turn off my TM backup so I can
manage the timing for when the next TM Backup takes place - as I knew it would
be a substantial backup. So on Sunday morning I turned it on, whereupon it goes
searching for the drive - found no problem, then “Preparing Backup” this took a
number of hours, then it starts the process of “Freeing space” as my 2TB backup
drive (dedicated to my Macbook) is full. No problem, this has been the case for
the last few months and while it has taken some time to purge the oldest
backups to make space for the new backup, I thought it will take a good deal of
time. But this has been 24 hours+ now. Does anyone else have this same set of
circumstances I have and timing. I am inclined to allow it to continue like
this for days if needed as it doesn’t really bother me. Keen to hear others
experiences or could this be in an endless Big Sur loop I need to intervene?

Pete.