http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=96284&d=17&m=5&y=2007&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

            Thursday, 17, May, 2007 (29, Rabi` al-Thani, 1428)

                  WAMY to Hold Gala for Young Muslim Women
                  Sarah Abdullah, Arab News

                  JEDDAH, 17 May 2007 - The World Assembly of Muslim Youth
(WAMY) will hold a Ladies Muslim Youth Gala at the Westin Hotel in Jeddah on
May 26. The event has been organized with the support of Princess Seeta bint
Abdullah, who is also scheduled to attend the event. The gala will be held from
8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Among other distinguished guests expected to attend and
deliver speeches are Dr. Fatma Naseef and Dr. Amal Nusair, managing director of
WAMY's ladies division.

                  "The objective for holding the gala is that we want to show
Muslim girls examples of successful women in the Kingdom," said Najat Amer,
spokeswoman for WAMY's ladies division. "We also want to stress to them that
they can grow up to be strong, successful women and still abide by Islamic
principles," she said, adding that WAMY hopes to organize more events in the
future not only in the Kingdom but throughout the Middle East.

                  The event will commence with the introduction of the Islamic
organization's goal and mission, which are to encourage the theme of promoting
proficient female role models in the Kingdom. Next on the agenda is a play
entitled "Without Us," which will be accompanied by songs, dances and other
activities related to the theme.

                  Members of the public wishing to attend the event may
purchase tickets at the door costing SR100 each. Members of WAMY are eligible
to attend by complimentary invitation. "Youth programs like the ones being
sponsored by WAMY are very important to young people throughout the world and
especially in the Gulf and the Kingdom because we as Muslim teens need constant
encouragement," said Muhsina Ghafour, a council member of the Kerala Girls Teen
Circle in Jeddah.