Jadi inget awal mula jihad para jilbaber di tanah air ... terutama di
sejumlah SMA di Jakarta, sebelum akhirnya memasyarakat hingga kini,
dan semoga hingga akhir zaman, betapapun para jilbab haters berulah!
Uniknya tidak ada kasus jilbab di kampus2 di tanah air, tidak spt di
Turki ini ...

Turkey academics defy scarf law

The headscarf issue has divided opinion in Turkey

A number of Turkish universities have defied a new law allowing women
students to wear Islamic headscarves. Local media reported students
wearing headscarves being turned away from some premises - although
exceptions included the Bosporus University in Istanbul.

It follows constitutional amendments passed by a huge majority in
parliament and signed into law last week.

Opposition parties want the law quashed amid fears that Turkey's
strictly secular state could be undermined.

The main opposition party has said it will ask the Constitutional
Court to quash the law, which it says threatens the division between
religion and state.

'Duty to obey'

One of the amendments states that everyone has the right to equal
treatment from state institutions and the other that "no-one can be
deprived of [his or her] right to higher education".

Yusuf Ozcan, head of the Higher Education Board, said in a statement
at the weekend that university presidents "have the duty and
responsibility to adjust practices in line with the constitutional
amendment".

Local media reported three universities in Istanbul, two in Ankara
and five in the western city of Izmir have maintained the ban, along
with universities in six other cities.

Others have started to allow headscarves on campus.

Reports say some students were angered by guards asking them to
remove headscarves before entering campuses on Monday.

But Reuters reports that others obliged without protest.

"I will follow whatever the rector says," said a student at Ankara
University. She said she was "thinking of taking it off" to get
inside the campus.

A strict headscarf ban had been in force in Turkish universities
since 1997. The ban came after the staunchly secularist military
exerted pressure to oust a government it saw as too Islamist.

The changes state that only traditional scarves will be permitted in
universities, tied loosely under the chin.

Headscarves that cover the neck are still banned, as is the chador
and the all-enveloping burka.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/7263879.stm

Published: 2008/02/25 19:42:44 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

--- In wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com, "rsa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ternyata untuk konteks Jilbab, Indonesia jauh lebih moderat,
> demokratis dan maju daripada Turki ...!
> salam,
> satriyo
>

> Turkish appeal against scarf law
>
> By Pam O'Toole
> BBC News

> Story from BBC NEWS:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/7267519.stm
>
> Published: 2008/02/27 17:22:17 GMT
>
> © BBC MMVIII
>

> --- In wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com, "rsa" <efikoe@> wrote:
> >
> > Untuk memberikan gambaran sedikit lebih jauh tentang Islam di
> Turki,
> > berikut yang ada di situs BBC New ol ...
> > (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/3192647.stm)
> > Semoga bermanfaat.
> > salam,
> > satriyo
> >
> > Islam in Turkey: Odd one out
> >
> >   By Roger Hardy
> > BBC Islamic affairs analyst
> >

> > Turkey's modern history makes it virtually unique in the Muslim
> > world.

> > Story from BBC NEWS:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/talking_point/3192647.stm
> >
> > Published: 2003/09/26 12:18:11 GMT
> >
> > © BBC MMVIII
> >

> > --- In wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com, "Dwi W. Soegardi"
> > <soegardi@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Departemen Agama Turki membentuk sebuah tim ulama yang bertugas
> > > merevisi hadis-hadis yang menjadi sumber praktek ajaran Islam
yang
> > > kontroversial:
> > > - khitan perempuan (female genital mutilation)
> > > - honor killing
> > > - larangan perempuan bepergian
> > > - kekerasan dalam rumah tangga
> > >
> > > Mudah-mudahan usaha ini tidak mati prematur seperti nasib CLD-
KHI
> > tim
> > > Pengarusutamaan Gender Depag Indonesia.
> > >
> > > salam,
> > > DWS
> > >

> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7264903.stm
> > >
> > > Turkey in radical revision of Islamic texts
> > >
> > > By Robert Piggott
> > > Religious affairs correspondent, BBC News

> > > Story from BBC NEWS:
> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/europe/7264903.stm
> > >
> > > Published: 2008/02/26 14:43:58 GMT

Kirim email ke