/=-=-=-=-Click Here & Support Our Sponsor-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\
Special Holiday Offer for your friends & family!
Give them the Gift of Free Long Distance calls using Tellme.
Click for details:
http://click.topica.com/aaaa2xb1dhdKb1tdRUa/Tellme
\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/

Okay, you all got me.  I don't like the horrors of war, so I do not read
war books nor watch war movies.  My opinion was based on conquest and
conquer based history from high school, and how we speak of those men we
call Great, such as Alexander the Great.  I think we consider Rome to be
great and glorious, and Rome's greatness was based on war and built by
slaves.  When we look at peaceful people such as the Hopi, we look down
on these people, as being backwards and undeveloped, and then say it is
human nature to war.  What if it is culture and not human nature that
brings people to war?  What if my impression is a shared cultural
impression with media that makes big bucks using violence for
entertainment?

I like empire building games, but not the requirement for war that goes
with these games.  Sim City doesn't force a person into a war.  And I
make an issue of this, because we have not resolved our human problems
such as economic justice and safe neighborhoods for all children, and how
to fund education- but we sure are ready for war.  Given the empire
building games, and other video games based on violence for
entertainment, I wonder about our intelligence.  Why do my grandsons
prefer violent games to learning math, and using science to improve the
human condition?   CS