/=-=-=-=-Click Here & Support Our Sponsor-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\
fusionOne syncs data across all your PCs, Palm, mobile phone, and
the Web for free. Enter information once - access your files,
email, calendar and addressbook from any devices! SIGN UP FREE!
http://click.topica.com/aaaa5rb1dhdKb1tdRUa/fusionOne
/=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\

Jeff,

No, I have not had military training.  But it is a hierarchy of authority
with rank and order isn't it?  In this hierarchy of authority, some have
privileges that others do not have, such a who is to defer to whom and an
offices club that is exclusive to officers, is this not so?

Especially the Quakers were intolerant to this social order, and they
went to the extreme of refusing to doff their hats to superiors as was
the custom in Europe.  The rules I listed are Quaker in nature, but were
accepted by most citizens in this country as rules for good manners, and
this is what makes liberty without authority above the people possible.
This was the big equality and liberty issue that lead to our separation
from England.

Everyone united against the taxes, but the ones who stirred the
resistance against England, were afraid the king of England was going to
impose his church on the colonies and they opposed the hierarchy of
authority of the kings church.  Do you want quotes?  The point is, the
military hierarchy of authority, is not a problem because it is military.
  It is a problem because of the hierarchy.  Now when we look at
bureaucracy, we can see we changed our institutions, which once were
based on individual leadership, to a model that fits military order, and
this is social ramifications.  Democracy was never efficient, but the
military is, so now we have "efficient government", with a question of
how well this fits the ideology of democracy some thought we defended in
two world wars.  On the other hand- others are adamant that we are not a
democracy- we are a republic!  This republic/democracy debate is going on
at [I-News].

Back to the Quakers- is respect a given or is it something earned?  Not
every agrees about if respect is a given or if it is earned.  People play
be different rules, but aren't always aware they are they playing by
different.  I gave mine playing rules, and was told I don't know what I
am talking about.  You seem to stand on the idea that extensive
knowledge of the military is necessary to qualify for discussion on
[W&P], and that perhaps I should not express my opinions?   I didn't
notice extensive knowledge of the military was a requirement for
discussing war and political issues.   CS