All the Web Development Tools you will ever need for only
US $49.95! HotDog Professional 6 Web Editor with support for
HTML, ASP, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript PLUS Ulead
PhotoImpact 5 and Cool 3D 2.5, Browser Master 2.1 and LinkBot 3.7
http://click.topica.com/aaabGWb1dhdKb1tdRUa/sausage

> All the Web Development Tools you will ever need for only
> US $49.95! HotDog Professional 6 Web Editor with support for
> HTML, ASP, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript PLUS Ulead
> PhotoImpact 5 and Cool 3D 2.5, Browser Master 2.1 and LinkBot 3.7
> http://click.topica.com/aaabGWb1dhdKb1tdQUa/sausage
>
>[John T]   That's what was making headlines... they said that the spy
population has
> reached Cold War levels...  unfortunately, I've been working OT for the
past
> week and haven't had much time to check anything...  I was hoping that
some
> of the folks on this list would have some info to share...

I get the NY Times daily, and have only just caught up, but there was only
one story in the past weeks about it... said that the US plans to expel 50
Russian diplomats between now and JUly, only reason is that they were
persuing activities incompatible with their status, What ever that means ?

>   And now everything seems to be swept under the carpet.. I haven't seen
nor
> heard of anything since the news article last Thursday (at least I think
it
> was Thursday :))

And you expected otherwise ? Is the new administration testing the waters ?

>   But the 'spy thing' is still going strong... technology that can be
stolen
> sure costs less than technology which is licensed...

Yes, but do they have the capabilities to use or develop further... Not
necessarily knowledge but financial or infrastructure that has been
decimated through lack of modernisation ?

>   I still remember when the first low-end Soviet LED watch was
released....
> it was an almost exact duplicate of a Timex - the only difference was that
> it's circuits were mirror imaged... as if they were copied from a magazine
> photo (and at the time, Timex had an advertisement which included a photo
of
> their circuit board :))

must have been before my time !!!!!!

>   Of course, that could also have been some misinformation released to
> tarnish the Soviets... who knows what was true and what wasn't... I doubt
if
> anyone could keep it all straight :)

Depends on which side of the iron curtain you're on !

>   Any comments on 'disinformation'???
>
> John T

is this a new word ?
maree