In a message dated 5/11/02 2:38:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

About toiletpaper... Why not save on something else in order to save some trees. Advertizing in meaningless newspapers? Or...?

=====
The toilet paper comment is just a one-liner used on T-shirts to irritate environmentalists,
"If you object to logging, try using plastic toilet paper."
"Earth First -- we'll log the rest of the planets later"
Stuff like that ...

But speaking of trees ... what's wrong with cutting them down? The environmentalists keep saying we should concentrate on "renewable resources" -- well, Trees ARE a renewable resource. You cut one down, you plant several more in it's place. They grow up and you repeat the proceedure again and again. The same with hydroelectricity -- you build a dam and power plant. The water flows through the plant and generates electricity, then out to the ocean, evaporates, falls back to earth and does it all over again ... Cheap, renewable energy ...

But don't cut down the trees ... don't build any dams ... where's the sense in all of that?

Lawana