Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]
--------------------------

Religion gives some people comfort. It quiets their fears abot death.
Who am I to tell someone that they aren't really going to eet their
mother in Heaven when they die? If it makes them feel good to believe it
and they don't try to force me to believe things that I regard as
unknowable, why would I want to burst their bubble?

Besides, it's all but impossible to sway people from their beliefs.
Life's to short to waste it trying to get people to disbelieve what they
believe. Particularly when, for all I know,what they believe could be
true! I can't prove it's not true.

Religion also is credited with bringing about law and order at certain
times and places in human history. I'd rather live in a society that
believes the Ten Commandments were handed down from Heaven than to live
in an atheistic Marxist state in which humans are cogs in a wacky
revolutionary machine.