Dennis Schridde wrote:
Am Montag, 13. November 2006 19:54 schrieb Per Inge Mathisen:
Most of the sed code is just magic that I copied from somewhere else,
probably  http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html which is a
must-read.

Does that code run always before the %.o: %.c rule is applied to any
file?
Yes.

if we want Makefile.raw to be able to run from within a dos shell (no sed
for example).
No sed is just the beginning. Does anything of any complexity really
run in a DOS shell? I would guess even just make would struggle, with
different path delimiters and all that. For those who do not want to
run mingw/msys/cygwin, surely just using VS is a better choice.
It worked _pretty_ well till now (after I rewrote the Makefile.raws and striped any SHianisms)... I did the last releases with only cmd.exe and a MinGW 3.4.5 installation, without any extras like MSys or CygWin...
I don't really know, I'm using MSys AND Cygwin for developement. Anyone just using DOS?

- Gerard

PS. Why not join irc.freenode.net #warzone? Quite busy there ;)