Dennis Schridde wrote:
Am Montag, 13. November 2006 00:04 schrieb Gerard Krol:
Dennis Schridde wrote:
Am Freitag, 10. November 2006 16:54 schrieb Gerard Krol:
Hi,

The complete lack of dependencies somewhat bothers me, so I ran (X11)
makedepend. Attached are changes for the Makefile.raw's.
Now you don't have to run "make clean" all the time anymore.
Could someone with access to automake also incorporate the changes into
the Makefile.am's?
Is the makedepend exe included in MinGW?
Because I rewrote the Makefile.raw s to run with just a plain MinGW
installation (without MSys). Would be ugly if we now required a non
standard exe for a task like dependency checking...
Eh, no, makedepend is part of the linux/cygwin x11-bin package, I ran
the cygwin version.
And it is not that every user needs to run "make depend", it just needs
to be done when
there are changes to the includes. I believe there are switches to make
gcc do the same as
makedepend, but a lot slower.
But in the Makefile I found ".PHONY depend"...
Would mean that he does "depend" on every run, or am I wrong?
No, ".PHONY" is a flag that signals make that the targets do not produce a file (such as an .o or .exe), see
http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/gnu/make/make_33.html

- Gerard