Am Montag, 27. November 2006 00:29 schrieb Giel van Schijndel:
> Christian Ohm schreef:
> > On Sunday, 26 November 2006 at 18:17, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> >> Seems like this more complicated...
> >>
> >> scrap.c sets SDL_Window (I don't think the name is choosen very wise,
> >> btw) to info.window, which is of type HWND...
> >> Can we revert SDL_Window back to HWND and then compare whatever type
> >> that is with GetClipboardOwner? Would that be the clean way of doing
> >> this? Or does MS recommend to use that HWND.i thing instead?
> >>
> >> (I guess Christian changed this in an accident, believing that, because
> >> HWND is defined to int on Linux (by frame.h) it would be of the same
> >> type on Windows.)
> >
> > _I_ guess I left it for some Windows person to fix ;)
>
> Apart from running Windows quite a bit (multiboot) I'm really no expert
> on Windows, in fact I'm really an embedded programmer.
>
> > Sorry, I guess if I'd sent each patch separate, I had commented on it,
> > but forgot in the bulk...
> >
> > This looks like copy & paste support... does anyone use that? Is it even
> > useful in a game that's usually run fullscreen? And even QNX is
> > supported... Well, I guess someone is using it and will complain if we
> > remove it... can we try that please? ;)
>
> The only thing you can do with the ClipBoard is copy and paste data, so
> yes it is. As for usefulness, it is quite useful for copying and pasting
> of IP addresses from for example an IM session into the join by IP
> window. I know that this probably wouldn't be a disaster if you'd remove
> it now, if however you'd want to join another game using IPv6 it would
> be really annoying having to type over 32 characters you first wrote
> down to paper.
Yes, I think that's why Rod added that code. And I think that's the only
location where it is actually used...

And I have no idea what QNX is, but what I wondered is that Mac support seems
missing. (Or did I just read it badly?)

> Which leads me to another question: is there any kind of support for
> IPv6 in wz2100? (I'm using it as much as I can)
I don't even got IPv6 support from my ISP. :(
And no, WZ doesn't have support for that. If SDL supports it we might be able
to implement it...

Per, you volunteered to rewrite the netcode. Do you still want to? :P

--Dennis