Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2006 03:51 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> On Saturday,  2 December 2006 at 19:11, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 2. Dezember 2006 18:51 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> > > There have been quite a few patches fixing things, or adding small
> > > features while touching only a few lines of code in the trunk (the
> > > playlist fix, and the SDL_QUIT and gamma patches, for example). Any
> > > plans to apply those to 2.0 as well?
> >
> > Go for it... ;)
> > Actually it was not directly planed, but if someone wants to do it...
>
> I had a look at the SVN changelog. In most cases, I don't know if the
> fix applies to 2.0 as well or just a new feature. And there are quite a
> few patches where I can't find the supposed fix in the remaining
> changes, so the original author might want to have a look:
>
> r371: Fixed script compilation bugs
By Troman

> r383: Remove an unnecessary and wrong cast
> applies
By Stefan Huehner

> r386: Disabled "Allied players send vision to each other automatically
> (only once)" for "Allow alliances" alliance mode
By Troman

> r397: Correct openal buffer
> applies, but needs another change
By Stefan Huehner

> r405: Fixed difficulty slider applying settings to the wrong players
> r407: Fixed disabled AIs showing up in the game
> r411: fixed and enabled shared ally vision for TEAMPLAY and 'Locked Teams'
> modes fixed disabled players allying their team members
> r413: Fixed double messages in online games
> r415: Fixed AIs getting renamed when changing player number in MP games.
>       Prevented NETbcast() from flooding the log in games with no network
> communication. orderDroidObj() scripting function will no longer cause
> ASSERT when DORDER_DROIDPERAIR is passed as parameter. r422: It is now
> possible to win in a team in 'Locked Alliances' mode, also in this mode a
> player doesn't lose until all of his team members were defeated Game now
> shows a text message when player has won/lost the game (just a temporary
> solution to bug #7317) Added extra heap debug, should be there at least
> until we fix bug #6530, as PTRVALID() doesn't seem to detect corrupted
> DROID pointers on win Increased number of iterations A* is allowed to do
> per frame, which will hopefully speed up pathfinding Fixed multiplayer menu
> slider bug (bug #6529)
>       Fixed players not forwarding enemy units visibility to their allies
> in 'TEAMPLAY' and 'Locked Alliances' modes r424: Re-enabled some debug keys
> and disabled unused ones
All by Troman

> r427: Process SDL_QUIT
> applies
>
> r428, r430, r508: Add gamma controls
> combined patch may be attached
All by Christian Ohm / Dennis

> r436: fixed implicit bool/int to string convertion for the scripting
> language minor scripting function fixes
By Troman

> r440: Make lots of __inline, _inline, FUNCINLINE and whatnot static inline.
> See bug#7591 r448: Fixed double declaration of "FUNCTION" token for bison
>
> r451: resolution config value has been changed to width and height (easier
> to parse). I probably forgot to tell that I changed the --viewport cl
> option to --resolution, which should be more clear to non programmers needs
> parts of the previous one as well. I think we should use
> --resolution in 2.0 as well, so we do not need to document the different
> versions.
All by Dennis

> r452: Report wrong tracknumbers to LOG_SOUND and don't crash in
> sound_Play*DTrack Correct --help text
>       Make console backlog key configurable
By Charon / Dennis

> r459: HP/Reload bars overlaping
> only for multi-turret?
By Thomas Hast / Dennis

Depends on multiturrets

> r460: commander-related crash fix
By Watermelon / Troman

> r472: sensorcrash.patch: fixes a crash when repairing a not damaged command
> center, corrects the mouse cursor
By Gerard Krol / Dennis

> r474: Fix for bug #7708: isHumanPlayer() now checks for player numbers
> outside the range if [0,MAX_PLAYERS) applies
By Ari

> r492: License clarification about original data files
> add this or whatever we decide on
By Per / Dennis

> r499: fixes disappearing oil derricks (bug #7740)
By Watermelon / Troman

Depends on hitsystem

> r501: Fix typos in COMPILE and remove outdated COMPILE.html
> plus check other docs
By Dennis

> r502: Check for '\r' as well as '\n'. This should make playlists with DOS
> line endings work applies
By Christian Ohm / Dennis

> r511: Attempt to fix a script callback bug as described on IRC
By Troman

> r515: Fixed target prediction finally
>       Fixed a bug which prevents AA weapon area of effect damage from
> working properly Fixed crashes when firing at baba people,baba vehicle in
> singleplayer campaign r517: Fixed a potential crash with transport
>       Fixed a crash/repair units disorder when linked to a commander
By Watermelon / Dennis

Depends on hitsystem

Several of those patches are not bugfixes that would help anything for 2.0,
because they fix bugs which were introduced later, eg. with the new
hitsystem, multiturrets or reworks of the scripting engine...

Especially the scripting engine was reworked a few times, so I think those
bugfixes were either not present on 2.0 or the patches wont apply. (Not even
manually correctable.)
Same applies probably for anything that involves projectiles and damage.

--Dennis