----- Original Message ----- From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Development list" <warzone-dev@gna.org>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Warzone-dev] Coding style

On 2/23/07, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What I personally do *not* like about that coding style is the usage of
tabs (because of variable tabsize) I think we should only maintain this
tabsize in current files but definitely not use it in new ones (I'd vote
for a 4 space indentation). Especially the printf example on the above
link points out that this (tabs followed by space) identation isn't
particulary nice (or easy for that matter, and ease of
use/programming/writing seems the most important thing here to me).

It is not my favourite, either, but I like consistency, and this style
is rather consistently used throughout Warzone sources. So I would
very much like it to remain that way, and I do not want new files to
suddenly have a new style. I can manage to do the mental switch
between styles when moving my attention between different projects,
but to mentally switch styles when opening different files *in the
same project* seems to ask a bit much, IMHO.

I am a bit torn on the spaces after ( and before ), though. In the
Warzone sources it is about half this way and half (no spaces). I have
been adding spaces consistently in code I changed, though, and I'd
hate for all that mind-numbing space-pressing to have been in vain
;-).

 - Per

If we want to be consistent I suggest we drop the spaces before and after round braces. After looking at the code I haven't found many places in the code where this style is used.

Troman