On Tue, 08 May 2007 12:10:10 -0400 The Watermelon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
>On 5/7/07, Jose Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I tried three turrets and ran into an unhandled exception here
>in
>> actionUpdateDroid from action.c
>

>What kind of the combination you used for the 3 turret droid?
>the values of the psActionTarget[0] seems to be valid,the only
>problem that
>could cause this is some debug memory value like
>0xccccccc(allocated and
>uninitialized memory iirc) by MSVC,which bypasses the NULL check
>against
>psActionTarget[index] and causes shift
>operation(psActionTarget[index]->died) on memory address
>0xccccccc,hence the
>error:
>"Access violation reading location 0xcccccd08."

It still mean there is error in code someplace.  Everything should
be set to value before checking against NULL.

---MSVC codes
0xCDCDCDCD - Allocated in heap, but not initialized
0xDDDDDDDD - Released heap memory.
0xFDFDFDFD - "NoMansLand" fences automatically placed at boundary
of heap memory. Should never be overwritten. If you do overwrite
one, you're probably walking off the end of an array.
0xCCCCCCCC - Allocated on stack, but not initialized

it's already done in buildDroid in droid.c, I have no idea why it got marked
as 0xCCCCCCCC,at least I didnt have such problems with release build with
debug info enabled and memory debug disabled.