Hi everybody,

You all know we are in the possession of our very own scripting
language. From time to time the question has been raised if we'd want to
replace the home grown language with something more standard. The
advantages would be:

    * We don't need to maintain the old scripting language anymore
    * We would gain extra flexibility in the scripts

The main disadvantage is however that we would need to convert all
existing scripts to the new format. I believe this is possible using a
modified version of the script parser that is used in Warzone.

For the new scripting language to use the only competition was between
Lua and Python. I am fan of Python as a language, but the ease of which
Lua can be embedded amazed me. If we are going to switch I'd definitely
recommend Lua. I'm currently writing a new sequence system using Lua,
and I'm really pleased by the ease of working with Lua & the C API.

Please tell me what you think about switching to Lua as our scripting
language.

Regards,

Gerard