Hi all,

> Please tell me what you think about switching to Lua as our scripting
> language.

I am an all-in or all-out kind of guy. Duplication is not a good
friend of mine. I like the idea of using lua, it would serve to
reduce the barrier-of-entry to modding/scripting Warzone (a lot of
commercial games use it) and require less maintenance on our part.

I think this point is important as the only one who I would trust to
edit the scripting language is Troman, who knows it like the back of
his hand.

One of the things we have been criticised for in the past is breaking
backwards compatibility -- there is a lot of good stuff from the 1.10
days that is currently succumbing to bit-rot on Kim's hard disk. So I
am for switching to lua if an automated converter can be devised (and
am willing to help -- sounds interesting).

This way:
        * We retain backwards compatibility, when repackaging a mod in .wz
format they can run the converter at the same time.
        * We allow people who do not like lua/are not familiar with it to
work with the classic scripting language.
        * We get all of the benefits of lua, such as reduced maintenance and
a wider user base.

What does everyone else think about creating a branch for this
endeavour? That way we can track progress and test easily.

Regards, Freddie.