Per Inge Mathisen schreef:
> I thought it was obvious due to the context of this discussion, but
> the main reason I want to use lua is to get rid of the dependencies on
> flex and bison. They are a maintenance nightmare.

Well, for that purpose (i.e. getting rid of flex & bison) we could also
look at using a different parser generator. That is another option I do
not want to dismiss right away.

Either way, I agree that Flex & Bison are a maintenance nightmare. Which
IMO is mostly due to the inability to use the latest versions of them on
non GNU/Linux systems natigely (oh, and no Cygwin doesn't count as it
isn't native). Thus getting rid of them seems like "the" way in the long
run.

--
Giel