On Saturday 13 September 2008 07:07:06 Warzone 2100 Trac wrote:
>  This is *only* the playback code for the full screen FMVs, the other parts
>  of warzone still need to be fixed, since someone seems to have ripped out
>  the code that it used before.
>
>  Please download http://download.gna.org/warzone/videos/sequences_ogg.zip
>  and unzip it to /base
>  (so it will be \data\base\sequences/*.ogg )
>  Or it will not work (duh!).
>  Note, do not do 'make install', I haven't added sequences/* to the zip
>  process yet.

Some more comments for Linux: Case sensitivity.

Running something like this script in data/base/sequences/ will rename
everything to lower case:

----------------
#!/bin/bash

for I in *.ogg Cam{1,2,3}/*.ogg; do
        bn=$(basename $I)
        better=$(echo $bn | tr [[:upper:]] [[:lower:]])

        if [[ $bn != $better ]]; then
                mv $(dirname $I)/$bn $(dirname $I)/$better
        fi
done
mv {C,c}am1
mv {C,c}am2
mv {C,c}am3

Another snippet of code would have to go into ogg.c into function BOOL
seq_PlayOgg(char *filename) somewhere before the actual file gets opened,
converting everything to lowercase. Like that:

        for (int i=0; i<strlen(filename); ++i) {
                kludge[i] = tolower(kludge[i]);
        }

FMV playback seems to work OK otherwise though.

        Florian