bugs buggy wrote:
> On 9/13/08, Florian Schanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Saturday 13 September 2008 07:07:06 Warzone 2100 Trac wrote:
>>  >  This is *only* the playback code for the full screen FMVs, the other
>> parts
>>  >  of warzone still need to be fixed, since someone seems to have ripped out
>>  >  the code that it used before.
>>  >
>>  >  Please download http://download.gna.org/warzone/videos/sequences_ogg.zip
>>  >  and unzip it to /base
>>  >  (so it will be \data\base\sequences/*.ogg )
>>  >  Or it will not work (duh!).
>>  >  Note, do not do 'make install', I haven't added sequences/* to the zip
>>  >  process yet.
>>

>> Some more comments for Linux: Case sensitivity.
>>
>>  Running something like this script in data/base/sequences/ will rename
>>  everything to lower case:
>>  FMV playback seems to work OK otherwise though.
>>

> I updated the patch for the NPOT issue.
>
> For the filenames, and the case issue, for now, that isn't much of a
> issue right now.
> All the scripts need to be changed to have the correct case, and
> correct filename (.ogg instead of .rpl)  When that is done, then
> everything else will get converted as well.
>
> This is just testing to see how people like the playback code, and if
> there are any other issues with it.
>
> Ticket URL: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/64
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> P.S.  In case nobody noticed, the 'view intro' button is back, you can
> use that for testing a few videos that play back to back.

Nice work :)

I tested on Linux (if you can wait about a week I can test it out on OS X) and
only had a problem with the directory names in the extracted sequences
directory. I had to lowercase the first letters in the directories
data/base/sequences/Cam1, Cam2, and Cam3 so that they are 'cam1', 'cam2',
'cam3'
in order for my machine to find and load the mission videos.

Other than that, my only complaint is that the video quality is pretty low.

Tim