On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That area of memory is currently memset(0) before writing to disk right?
> We could try to take some "fail gracefully" approach and reject the
> savegame if that piece of memory is zero. Where "fail gracefully" means
> display some nice error message to the user explaining the problem.
>
> Unless someone has some other way to handle this.

We are actually so lucky that the zone information is at the very end
of the savegame, so we can check for EOF when done with everything
else, and return false from the load functions if nothing is found.
What then happens next, I do not know, but I fear there are lots of
asserts waiting in ambush...

  - Per