2009/2/14 bugs buggy <buginato...@gmail.com>:
> That is one of things that is crashing us now.
> Host has that map pack.
> User connecting don't.
> game tries to send map, but since, it is in the map pack, it has no
> idea how to deal with it, and it can't find anything to send.
> If we send false on that condition, then the User still don't have the
> map, and it requests the map again, and we run into a infinite loop.
>
> My patch right now, has a force exit() to the host, since *all*
> players must have that map pack to work correctly.
> The other option would be to kick the user that don't have the map
> pack.  And since we can't send messages on a kick, they will try to
> connect again & again...
>
> Which is the lesser of two evils?

Well, first, we should fix that: Add the ability to send a message on
a kick, and depending on the message, have the client not
auto-reconnect.

And then, if each map contains its filename, they could all contain
the map pack name, and then the host could just send the entire map
pack to everyone.

- Zarel