On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:17:58PM +0100, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Maybe I may still propose something:
> Move the current code into /dirty/ and selectively pick cleaned files
> from there and move them into a sensible location / directory-layout
> in the main tree.

I propose src/dirty/ instead ;-)

> I would also propose (thought probably quite unrelated and off-topic)
> to move 3rd party (library) code into distinct directory like
> /external/. I think this will be nice to distributors, help ourselves
> to maintain the code, prevent confusion about who is responsible for
> compiler warnings/errors or even misfeatures.
> Candidates I see right now are glee and sqlite.
> Proposed naming: /external/${LIBRARY}-${VERSION}

I'm reasonably sure that it won't help distributors with SQLite (given
the fact that the ./configure script already prefers the
system-installed version if it satisfies our minimum version
requirement). Additionally I doubt it'll help with GLee as it's not the
directory that's a problem, instead it's the integration into our
buildsystem that'll be the most difficult to overcome.

--
Giel