On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Florian Schanda
<flor...@elysiumlarp.org.uk> wrote:
>> Thanks. This is a good idea, and I love the blue water. Is it possible
>> to use some other colour than red for cliffs? I tried a few colour
>> combinations but got nothing that looked better.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> I also tried, but I think red will stand out the most. Its meant to be only an
> overview anyway -- to quickly see whats going on on the map.

Trying some more, I came up with

+                                 case TER_CLIFFFACE:
+                                       p[0] = 255 - col;
+                                       p[1] = 255 - col;
+                                       p[2] = 255 - col;

which looks like http://imagebin.ca/view/HfxvMy7.html

>> Also, I think the blue component of the water colour could overflow
>> (pardon the pun!).
>
> It shouldn't --
> 0x80 = 128
> 0xff / 2 = 127 (int arithmetic will round down)
>
> 128 + 127 = 255 == 0xff
>
> Unless I missed something obvious?

No, I wasn't thinking clearly.

  - Per