On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Kamaze<fearthec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because I belive that it should be possible to "forget". Maybe people
> forgot that they registered on our website or just don't care about our
> project anymore. So, why should we still save their data, when they
> aren't using our service anymore?
>
> This is, from my point of view, an unnecessary data collection. I mean,
> I cannot complain about missing privacy and data preservation while
> doing the same ;)

I have some forums that I only visit approximately once a year. And I
really appreciate the fact that my account is still around, and still
tracks which posts are read and which are not.

If people want to be anonymous or keep their privacy, they can refrain
from entering any personal information into their account settings. It
also just happens to be the case that most people don't. So I do not
quite see the privacy issue.

  - Per