I put the Quesoglc text renderer back in again in the Qt branch, and
now text drawing should work as good as before on every platform.
Possible other problems related to clobbering OpenGL states should be
fixed as well. Can platform maintainers (or others) please update
build files and check if there are any further remaining problems
before we can merge the Qt branch? Thank you.

This does not mean that I have given up getting Qt to draw the text,
just that we may need some more time to pull it off properly, and
there is no need to make that delay merging the Qt branch, in my
opinion.

  - Per