Chuck,

I agree with your comments. My intention was to figure out why dev
wrote the code that they did. However, I do see that coding
conventions are not always used consistently (for example, using a
drop-down list in some places and a dijit combo box elsewhere when
both are doing the same job). As you said, the purpose is to get dev
to explain his way of doing things so I can do my job better.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it! :)