Bret,

I do believe that all of the necessary gems were copied over; it seems
to me that I cannot find the right options to the gem install command
to get it to "see" the gems in the cache directory.  I like your all-
out method of copying the entire ruby directory, but I may have some
trouble since that zip file will contain .exe files.  I would be
really interested in learning what the proper gem install command
would be, in any case (and where the copied gem cache should reside
for it to work).

Jeff