From: watir-general@googlegroups.com
[mailto:watir-gene...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Angrez Singh
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 5:55 AM
To: watir-general@googlegroups.com
Subject: [wtr-general] Re: firewatir and jssh

I tried the following code with Firewatir 1.6.2 and it worked for me.

require 'firewatir'

ff = FireWatir::Firefox.attach(:title,"Google")

puts ff.html
ff.close

- Angrez

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM, George <george.sand...@gmail.com>
wrote:

It was my understanding that the attach method doesn't work with FF,
only with IE.  Can you confirm this?

On Apr 13, 12:07 am, Angrez Singh <ang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For attaching to an existing Firefox instance you can use
> FireWatir::Firefox.attach() method. But you need to make sure the JSSh
is
> running in the existing instance.
>
> Regarding XPath i'll look into it & get back to you.
>
> - Angrez
>

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Jeremy Mordkoff <j...@zeevee.com>
wrote:
> >  Okay, I answered some of my own questions. I stumbled on the RDOC
> > browser, found js_eval and I started munging it.
>
> > In firebug, I can do
>
> > var results = document.evaluate("//*[name()='vgtile' and
@label='Hulu']",
> > document, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null);
>
> > if (results.snapshotLength >=
> > 1)
>
> > {
>
> >     results.snapshotItem(0).oncommand();
>
> > }
>
> > console.log("done")
>
> > and it works every time. But in firewatir, if I do
>
> > xpath="//*[name()='vgtile' and @label='Hulu']"
>
> > query = "browser=window.getBrowser();
document.evaluate(\"#{xpath}\",