There was a recent thread on this so you may want to search the email
archive.

This is what we do, but I don't know if it is the best way.

  require 'watir\ie'
  require 'watir\contrib\enabled_popup'

  # Main method to click a modal dialog button.
  def click_modal_button(ie, type='OK', sleep_time=6, timeout=20)
    hwnd = ie.enabled_popup(sleep_time)
    if (hwnd)
      w = WinClicker.new
      w.clickWindowsButton_hwnd( hwnd, "#{type}")
      w=nil

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers