On Apr 7, 2:37 am, Adam Reed <reed.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're selecting the first element in a drop down box?  If not, can
> you please provide a little bit more info on exactly what you're
> interacting with?
>
> ie.select_list(:id, /Request_Salutation_I/).set "<First Value Name>"
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Hi, it's not really a proper drop down list, it just looks like one.
It's in fact a read only text field which fires off some JS when you
click on it. The JS anchors a listbox underneath the text field. I
don't really know why it was coded this way, something to do with way
the form looks I was told.

Either ways I've found a solution to this problem after trawling this
NG. If you do a send_keys("{TAB}") first and then invoke the focus
command it works fine.

Thanks for your post.