I like simplicity of Watir and ease of writing test cases with it.I am
working  on an agile project, where screens, hence underline HTML
changes between sprints. Actual screens will get finalised towards
very end of the project. Watir scripts depend on HTML code to identify
elements and drive automation test cases. Problem I am facing is,test
cases written in sprint 1 fails on sprint 2 build because of changes
in underlying HTML and not because of actual functional breakage in
software under test. This causes frustration to whole of project team.
Next step for me is then to identify test cases which have failed as a
result of change in HTML, modify them and re run whole test suite.

I have made my tests modular using watir, so that it minimise the test
breakage to the particular areas, but still developers, manual testers
project management lose interest in test automation and they seem to
incline to do manual testing.

I am sure, other people must have faced similar situations in their
projects. I am seeking an advice or share of experiences here what
have they done to handle such scenarios.
Any test strategy they have applied,Any test scripts maintenance
strategy,Any  test script writing technique, any thing else, that may
be helpful in such scenario

Your help is much appreciated