What about giving access to more people to the repository so it's
possible to make changes there without waiting for months? And what
about not trying to support everything and everyone by not wanting to
make any core changes to the code? That's what i don't understand.
Rails and RSpec guys are deprecating and deleting and changing their
API-s or core features. Even Ruby changes. Why not Watir? It's
possible to point out in the changelog or releasenotes that "hey
people, this is the way how Watir will work from now and if you have
built something upon it, well then you'd have to make some changes
here and there". If these changes make code better, make API better,
add more and better functionality then why not?

There are a lot of things which could be deleted/changed or
improved...

At least this is my opinion which has been formed during the time i've
tried to make things better with Watir...

Jarmo