On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Dave McNulla <mcnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had to set up watir-webdriver to test this out. Seems that it doesn't work
> on IE for me at all (doesn't run), but who's got time to debug that. On
> Chrome, the field is never found. It works with Watir (I only tried with
> IE). I'd heard that watir-webdriver didn't support popups (required for
> setting a file_field), but never investigated that.

Dave: watir-webdriver is passing the file fields specs on both Firefox
and IE. If you can't make it work, please file bugs. For Chrome, it's
a known limitation - file fields are not supported by the current
Chrome driver.

Dan: How are the elements styled? You should only see that exception
if the element isn't visible to the user, in which case you would have
a hard time testing it manually as well. As a worst case solution, you
can modify the style using Browser#execute_script to make it
accessible.