Hello all,

  I've pushed a release candidate for the next version of watir and
firewatir into the pipeline. Feel free to test it out and submit any
challenges you might have. The biggest change for this release is
dropping the ActiveSupport library for Firefox. Major kudos to Jarmo
for pushing that out.

The full Changelog is available at
http://github.com/bret/watir/blob/master/CHANGES

Make sure your local gem system is up to date.

gem update --system

Depending on what you're using, either watir or firewatir:

gem install (fire)watir --pre

Note: If you're installing on Mac or Linux you'll want to use
firewatir for the gem install.

...and give it a go. Try to use it with your existing test suites and
so on to see if there are any issues.

If there are any problems then:
1) Fix it and send a pull request on Github, our main github repo:
http://github.com/bret/watir
 This is the preferred way of accepting patches, we're happy to work
with you on how to do this, github also has extensive docs on how to
fork and submit a pull request.
2) Add it to our JIRA tracker: http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR

If you need help with that let us know.

Charley Baker