A long time back, Scott Hanselman of microsoft had posted a ruby watir
recorder in his blog. Like most other recorders, this had the problem
that the code generated couldn't be reused.

I made some small tweaking to this code so that when a user traverses
through the page, clicking on each element that he wants to record, it
records all the elements in the Watir format and gives back a nice
module with properties defined for each element.

As a sample say you have a page with two fields FirstName and
LastName.

The recorded output will be something like below:

module MyPage
    def first_name
         $browser.text_field(:id, "FirstName")
    end

    def last_name
        $browser.text_field(:id, "LastName)

Now just add this module to your test cases and use first_name,
last_name etc directly without bothering about the identification of
IDs.

I could share this script if anybody was interested. But, I am not
sure where I can upload it.

Thanks,
Babitha