On Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:37:32 PM UTC+3, Chuck van der Linden wrote:

> benchmark doesn't show anything, you've got no control to compare it
> against.

benchmark show that the loops with regexp in my original sample doesnt
affect problem at all
problem was not in the loop, problem was in watir
my 'benchmark' sample should be close slow 'LOOP' and 'REGEXP'.

problem in slow [] operator on complex pages
sample from thread 'very slow locate/[] for collections like checkboxes'

require 'watir'
$ie = Watir::IE.attach(:url,/chk_test/)
t=Time.new
$ie.checkboxes[141].set
puts Time.new-t

take 1.6 second

iterator use [] for checkboxes.each ...

> try running the alternative approach and seeing how fast it is in
> comparison.
>
> a lot of test before first post ...

now i can use different way to do my script, but now i know why.