It's substantially slower. A script that takes 3.5 minutes with
watir-classic with the speed set to :fast takes about 15-20 minutes to run
with the 32 bit webdriver. The main slowness comes from the searching of
the elements it seems. And the 64 bit webdriver takes about 10 seconds just
to type one character in a text field.

I'll see about getting some functioning code. Unfortunately, the page is
generated by telerik and .net, so there are bits and pieces all over the
place.

There is also no error that is thrown, it just simply closes the server.

I'm going to be writing a piece today that only tests that page and nothing
else.