Hi,

On 2 March 2012 21:53, Andreas Ericsson <a...@op5.se> wrote:
> I've written a few in my days. Normally, I keep them ridiculously
> simple, so the testing code looks something like this (sorry for the
> sucky indentation; coding in a mua is always crap):
>
> some_test_func(args)
> {
>        test_suite t;
>        int x, y;
>
>        x = 5;
>        y = x;
>        test(&t, x == y, "x(%d) and y(%d) should be equal", x, y);
>        stest(&t, x == y); /* would print "fail: x == y evaluated as FALSE" */
>        end_tests(&t); /* would print "OK: %d/%d tests passed */
> }

Maybe it's just a poor example, but something like this:
some_test_func(args)
{
    int x = 5;
    int y = 5;

    printf("checking if C compiler isn't thoroughly broken ... ");
    assert(x == y);
    printf("success\n");
}

would seem to work just as well.

I can almost see the argument for something slightly more
comprehensive though, since rendercheck-style results of being able to
compare various runs in their entirety rather than bailing out on the
first failure, are more useful.  But still ...

Cheers,
Daniel