On 2/23/2015 10:21 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
This is a v2 of the patchset here
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2015-February/020036.html
but reshuffled, rebased and a couple of things merged in. Notable:
libinput now uses libwacom to get tool/tablet information. This is complete
for this set yet, but a few more fixes are due to go into libwacom (e.g.
axis listing) so we can remove this knowledge from libinput. Likewise, the
missing eraser stylus buttons Lyude pointed out in the other thread will be
fixed in libwacom.

If libwacom isn't available, we fall back on basic logic to set the various
bits on the tools.

mouse buttons and the mouse wheel are now handled. art pen rotation is
fixed, was relying on BTN_TOOL_BRUSH first - the art pen is a BTN_TOOL_PEN.
other patches have seen a rebase and reshuffle and thus seen slight changes.

added get_axis_delta and get_axis_delta_discrete(). The latter for the mouse
wheel, the former allows the caller to make a decision about the tablet mode
on a per-event or per-client basis.

The couple of libwacom issues aside, this should make the tablet-support
branch feature-complete.

branch available for testing:
https://github.com/whot/libinput/tree/wip/wacom-extra-tool-support

Cheers,
   Peter
I've run through all the tools I could get my hands on with an Intuos Pro and everything largely behaves as it should. I do see that the event-debug program aborts upon removing a tool that was in proximity before it started (in print_proximity_event, libnput_tool_get_type returns 0) but haven't been able to track it down further. It also doesn't seem to acknowledge the scroll wheel on my Graphire4 puck, but that's not exactly a high priority (aside from being my daily driver :D)

Aside from the in-line patch comments, consider this Reviewed-by.

--
Jason
---