On 04/29/2015 09:18 AM, Giulio Camuffo wrote:

You commented it out from the wrong file. Comment it in iirc
desktop-shell-client-protocol.h instead, or some other file generated
from a protocol in weston.

Okay I did this in weston:

        make clean
        make protocol/desktop-shell-client-protocol.h
        edit above to comment out the line
        make

No errors and every program and library built. I checked to make sure the line was still commented out.

And this is with wayland-client.h still commented out of wayland-client-protocol.h.

I will try applying the patches, modifying it so "include core" is true always, and build again.

Most may very well work fine, but most is not all and we cannot break
existing code, period. We have an API stability promise to maintain.

Please don't delude yourself about current popularity of Wayland.