Looks like we have a gum vending machine. (Tuscarora!)

  http://host576.ipowerweb.com/~surryart/images/gomerthehouseguest_11.jpg

  http://host576.ipowerweb.com/~surryart/images/andysavesgomer_53.jpg

  A big thank you to Marsha Doege who offered me photographic evidence of that
same machine from two earlier b&w episodes (the camera does not lie). And
thanks to the other folks who offered suggestions and confirmed what it was. We
should even get an official verification from a genuine antique dealer!

  This is another fine example how WBMUTBB members truly are a community that
helps out a neighbor, just like in Mayberry.

  Jeff
  Nashville TN